Welcome

A sentimental love of Mid Century Modern Fashion, Collectables, Art , Photography, Furniture, and Architecture!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Paintings

I have been so busy painting. I am so sorry I have not been on this blog in a while. I had some art and craft shows!! I have been having so much fun!
Here is some photos of my booth... I shared it with another lady. I used her table clothes etc for this show. But I am looking for some Mid Century colors for table clothes.. solids are best I think so the arts and crafts stand out... Would love some ideas to give it a more retro or Mid Century look.....








My recent paintings.





You can see more at http://sherrywraystudio.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I thought I'd missed a post or 2 from you, but I guess not! I sell at a lot of vintage fairs here and I put a lot of effort into my displays and it really does pay off. If you really want my opinion?? 3 main things to build a display around are colour, theme, and setup. Break the long table up (if possible, I don't know how much space you are allowed) and have several smaller tables. You will keep peoples attention longer if you give them a space to walk INTO rather than walk PAST. I agree with you on the solid colour thing, a busy table fabric just detracts. Red always attracts the eye but can be diificult, black fabric with white or white or cream lace on top works quite well but for me what has worked best is a peacock coloured theme, shot blue/green fabric underneath to cover the front of the table then cream damask fabric on top with an enormous vase of tall peacock feathers to one side, these drape over my headforms (hat display) beautifully. gold always makes your product look more tasteful and expensive (I imagine thats good for art?), looking at your pics I'd get more height too and use a few more props...think outside the box. Yes they're a hassle to transport but the more professional you look the more you will sell. Hope I haven't worn you out with all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a busy girl you are...Also, enjoyed Kitty's comments (above)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much Kitty!!! Peacock theme would be stunning! I did find some fabric in a coral pink color that matches the pink in the faces i paint. But not sure what to do for props with that color. Any ideas would be wonderful!! Thank you so very much for these great ideas. I need to find smaller tables too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, trying to get lots done... but still enjoy the sun...lol

    ReplyDelete